Non-US Entrepreneur services
Simply selling products into the US does not subject you to US tax (as long as you've planned ahead and structured things correctly). Then, operating through a limited liability company ("LLC") formed in the US opens up additional opportunities.
You Can Sell into the US Without Paying US Tax
Many people think that simply selling products into the US market requires them to pay US tax. They may also think that having a US bank account, or operating through an LLC, or having a US address, or many other things will subject them to US tax.
But that’s simply not how it works. Instead, the only thing that matters is where the people are who are operating your business. If you live outside the US and operate your business alone, or you have employees who help you but all of them are located outside the US, then you generally should be able to operate your business without paying US tax.
LLCs Provide Many Opportunities
You could simply operate your business through a non-US legal entity. However, there are many benefits to operating your business through a US LLC:
- Many Americans like to buy from other Americans. By selling through a US LLC, you’ll look like you’re just down the street from your buyers.
- An LLC gives you access to a US bank account. This allows you to avoid both the unfavorable exchange rates offered by companies like Amazon and the hefty fees charged by intermediary companies.
- An LLC gives you access to US credit.
- An LLC creates a “liability silo.” The potential liabilities from your US operations will attach only to the assets from your US operations, not to all of your assets.
Let’s Get Started
I have a full package of services for non-US entrepreneurs, which involves:
- Organizing your LLC and getting it ready to sell in the US and have a US bank account,
- Complying with the federal and state paperwork requirements of having an LLC, and
- Otherwise making sure you are fully comfortable with the US tax aspects (so you can spend your time on growing your business).
Additionally, I can help with more customized services as well. For example, I routinely help non-US entrepreneurs obtain a refund of erroneously paid US federal income tax.
Click here to schedule a call. The fee for this call is fully applied toward the flat fee for the services described above.