This episode covers everything you need to know about the foreign tax credit–that’s the rule that allows you to reduce your US tax by the non-US tax you pay on the same income.
After this episode, you’ll know all about:
- How to make sure you don’t pay double tax on the same item of income
- The different ways of thinking about tax by digital nomads v. settled expats; and
- If you’re an expat with a business on the ground, why you need specific advice about how to classify your non-US legal entity for US tax purposes.
Articles that discuss topics touched on in this episode:
- How to Avoid Double Tax with the Foreign Tax Credit
- Meow Says the Dog: A US Tax Guy’s Take on Non-US Income Taxes
Send me your thoughts on this episode (and any questions you’d like covered on a future episode) by clicking here.
Ready to become an expert on this stuff? Click here to take the US Tax Masterclass for Americans Abroad (absolutely free).