Tax-Savvy Expat Podcast Episode 5: The Foreign Tax Credit
How to avoid paying tax twice (because paying once is bad enough).
This episode covers everything you need to know about the foreign tax credit–that’s the rule that allows you to reduce your US tax by the non-US tax you pay on the same income.
After this episode, you’ll know all about:
- How to make sure you don’t pay double tax on the same item of income
- The different ways of thinking about tax by digital nomads v. settled expats; and
- If you’re an expat with a business on the ground, why you need specific advice about how to classify your non-US legal entity for US tax purposes.
Articles that discuss topics touched on in this episode:
- How to Avoid Double Tax with the Foreign Tax Credit
- Meow Says the Dog: A US Tax Guy’s Take on Non-US Income Taxes
Send me your thoughts on this episode (and any questions you’d like covered on a future episode) by clicking here.
Ready to become an expert on this stuff? Click here to take the US Tax Masterclass for Americans Abroad (absolutely free).