Tax-Savvy Expat Podcast Episode 2: The Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (Overview and Tax Home Test)
The first in a two-part series about the foreign earned income exclusion, which is the backbone of many expats' US tax strategy.
This episode covers the foreign earned income exclusion, which allows you to make up to about $100,000 per year from working without paying any US income tax.
After this episode, you’ll know all about:
- What exactly “foreign earned income” is, and why it’s OK to work for a US employer;
- How the “tax home test” works, and why it doesn’t require you to pay tax outside the US.
Articles that discuss topics touched on in this episode:
- Tax and Finance for Digital Nomads
- 9 Tax To-Dos for the New Expat
- Reduce or Eliminate your US Tax Bill with the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion
Listen on iTunes by clicking here.
Send me your thoughts on this episode (and any questions you’d like covered on a future episode) by clicking here.
Ready to become an expert on this stuff? Click here to take the US Tax Masterclass for Americans Abroad (absolutely free).