In this episode and the next two, we’ll put everything we’ve been discussing together and discuss how it applies in a specific scenario. This one’s for employees, the next one’s for freelancers, and the final one’s for entrepreneurs.
These three episodes are jam-packed with tips and tricks to make sure you fully understand your US tax situation and pay as little tax as possible. We’ll flesh out many of the ideas discussed in these three episodes on future episodes of the podcast.
After this episode, you’ll know all about:
- How the big three expat tax incentives apply to someone who works for a US company, works for a non-US company, or works “corp-to-corp”;
- Why you would want to work for a non-US company if at all possible in your situation; and
- The difference between a totalization agreement and an equalization agreement.
Articles that discuss topics touched on in this episode:
- Reduce or Eliminate Your US Tax Bill with the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion
- Tax and Finance for Digital Nomads
- Moving Abroad? Time for a New US Tax Advisor
Send me your thoughts on this episode (and any questions you’d like covered on a future episode) by clicking here.
Download this FREE REPORT to discover common (and costly) expat tax myths.
Want to know more? The Tax-Savvy Expat courses teach you everything you need to know about expat tax.